Summary of Position
Responsible for handling inbound calls and providing exceptional service to customers, including policyholders, agents and third-party vendors. This position requires a self-motivated individual with excellent customer service skills. You will be responsible for processing endorsements, taking payments, resolving billing issues, and coverage counseling while adhering to underwriting guidelines.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities
- Talks with customers/agents by phone on underwriting eligibility, policy coverage options and other inquiries
- Proactively identifies and communicates policy transactions including any impact on pricing
- Effectively resolves customer concerns with billing and other policy issues
- Provides assistance or transfers to another department as needed
- Accepts and processes endorsements and/or payments via telephone
- CSR 4-40 or 2-20 insurance license preferred
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- Preferred 1 year’s recent experience in P&C industry, preferably in a customer service, underwriting and/or call center environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to transfer knowledge to agents and business partners
- Ability to build instant rapport with each customer through active listening
- Develops and maintains a positive attitude with a drive for results relative to company objectives.
- Knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and word processing software
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish a plus, but not required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and personnel.
- Occasionally lift medium to heavy objects.
- Friendly, polite, organized and efficient.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Lighthouse Management, LLC is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, possessing a valid driver’s license and drug screen.
Lighthouse Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.