Contribute to the underwriting team by focusing on the profitability of the company’s renewal book and achieving growth goals in conjunction with the company’s financial plan. Proficient understanding of risk evaluation for renewal business. Process endorsements, answer calls and respond to email requests from both internal and external customers. Establish solid relationships with agencies and make sound underwriting decisions in compliance with company guidelines and state statutes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of underwriting programs, guidelines, contracts, and processes
- Rapidly evaluates property accounts in support of company objectives
- Utilizes internal/external technology while analyzing data to support risk evaluation
- Builds strong long-term relationships with a customer service focus with the company’s agency force
- Complies with regulatory and industry standards while meeting production goals
- Assists agents with facilitating business, responds to questions, and resolves problems
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business, economics, finance, mathematics or related field.
- An active 2-20 or 4-40 insurance license is preferred
- A minimum of two years’ property and casualty insurance experience
- Strong PC skills including Word & Excel
- CIC or comparable designations a plus
- Ability to understand and analyze relative components of various insurance contracts
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Solid time management skills with the resourcefulness and the flexibility to align changing business needs and priorities
- Consistently produce accurate work while meeting deadlines
- Understand and achieve productivity requirements with a sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a detail-oriented work style
- A positive attitude with a drive for results linked to company objectives
- Strong problem solving, reasoning and judgment, and decision-making skills
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
Working Conditions & Physical Requirments
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be a self-starter and able to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Occasionally lift medium to heavy objects.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to individuals without highly technical understanding.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Lighthouse Management, LLC is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, possessing a valid driver’s license and drug screen.
Lighthouse Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.