Responsible for the overall product management of Lighthouse’s existing homeowners and dwelling products in Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. Responsibilities include pricing, policy and forms, underwriting manuals, regulatory requirements, planning, project management, and implementation. This position requires interaction and involvement with regional and individual state-specific new product development strategies. In addition, Product Manager will work in concert with cross functional departments including underwriting, sales, risk to include data and actuarial, claims, and information technology to ensure product viability, support and delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Competitive analysis – understanding the state specific landscape as it relates to coverages, exclusions, sub-limits, pricing, competitor’s guidelines, agencies, insurance regulatory requirements
- Prepare policy form, rate, manual submissions for existing and new products to state specific regulatory offices for approval
- P&L responsibility for line of business and/or states
- Representing Lighthouse as a company expert and authority on line of business and/or states including detailed understanding of market underwriting, pricing, competitors, agencies, business mix, regulations
- Create line of business / state strategies including all operational goals and measures including; customer experience and satisfaction, policyholder retention, quotes, sales, conversion, new business growth, underwriting quality, price segmentation, agency management, and claims trends
- Align operational goals and measures across functions for financial planning and evaluation
- Project management including planning, business requirements quality, timeliness, and quality
- File and gain approval of changes requiring regulatory approval
- Communicate and plan state strategies with managers across all functional areas and leadership team
- Lead line of business and state teams
- Work in conjunction with various internal departments of Lighthouse with regard to the maintenance and development of habitational personal lines products.
- Report to President on challenges & opportunities within the region for habitational personal lines products.
- BS degree ideally with a focus in mathematics, finance, accounting, engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ relevant work experience in a homeowner’s product management position and/or homeowner specific business analyst/technical/compliance role.
- Florida experience required. Carolina's experience preferred, but not required.
- Proven success leading lines of business or state teams
- Ability to create lines of business and state strategies supported by operational plans and measures
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Desire to contribute to the success of the enterprise
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and personnel.
- Occasionally lift medium to heavy objects.
- Some travel may be required.
- Friendly, polite, organized and efficient.
- Willingness to embrace company mission and core values.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.