Contribute to the Underwriting Team to achieve profitable growth goals in conjunction with company financial plan. Provide technical underwriting support for assigned agencies and make sound underwriting decisions on referred and/or less complex accounts in compliance with company guidelines and Florida Statutes. Perform ongoing renewal underwriting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates, accepts, prices, modifies and/or declines new and renewal homeowner accounts in support of the company objectives.
- Utilize internal/external technology to support risk evaluation.
- Actively initiate, participate and communicate system and product enhancements.
- Maintain customer service focus.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and activities.
- Complies with regulatory and industry standards, including any agency audit and compliance needs.
- Accumulate key underwriting metrics to continually update the underwriting manager and CRO of submission trends.
- Report any and all adverse agency/producer/CSR (Customer Service Representative) relationships.
- Business/Product and Technical Knowledge
- Effectively clarifies and resolves underwriting issues with agents, team members and customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Create and manage effective working relationships with business partners, co-workers and agents to reach desired business results
- Able to adapt to changing business needs and is focused on highest priorities first.
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to develop and maintain a positive attitude with a drive for results which are linked to company objectives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to transfer knowledge to agents and business partners
Working Conditions & Physical Requirments
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be a self-starter and able to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work outside of regular office hours as needed.
- Occasionally lift medium to heavy objects.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to individuals without highly technical understanding.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.