Lighthouse is growing and has an immediate opening for a Territory Sales Representative in our Houston Territory. Houston area home-based office required. Sales Representatives market to Independent Insurance Agencies throughout the territory, developing strategic relationships and helping agencies create, build, and service their Lighthouse homeowners' insurance book of business. Approximately 80% of the sales representative's time is spent in the field visiting with existing agencies, signing up new agencies, and influencing both new and existing agents to market Lighthouse insurance to their homeowners. Sales Representatives are key to our success, so they are provided with a car allowance, cell phone, laptop, and company credit card to help them achieve their goals.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 1 year of prior business-to-business sales experience. 2+ years preferred.
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills and ability to comprehend data and develop a plan of action from presented data
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM preferred
- Must be able to travel to meet with all agencies within designated territories. Overnight travel required.
- Strong follow-through skills and responsiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as listening and interviewing skills
- Ability to work independently; self-starter
- Valid state driver's license
- Knowledge of the P&C industry and general lines certification preferred
- CPCU or CIC certification a plus
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and personnel.
- Occasionally lift medium to heavy objects.
- Friendly, polite, organized and efficient.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.